Sunday 5 April 2015

[Top 5] Spring/Summer '15 Trends

How is everyone enjoying the four day week-end and all the chocolate? I work weekends so I'm really looking forward to my day off tomorrow!

The weather has been pretty miserable here the last few weeks but today actually looked rather nice. The sun up in the clear blue sky and a chilly breeze. Perfect for an early spring day, don't you think? This change in the weather had me thinking... It is definitely time to do a little jazzing up of my wardrobe and bring in some new spring summer essentials. So today I thought i'd share with you my top 5 Spring trends!

Are you ready?

5|Bunnies!
More of an Easter trend this one, but in the run up to Easter, bunnies get put on everything! As a bunny owner, I do enjoy a good bunny print anything. Mum has a really cute bunny print cardigan that I am dying to get my paws on and Primark have really sweet Thumper print socks at the minute too! I may or may not have already picked up a pair. Ok, I totally have. Plus, how cute is this bunny gif!?


4|Nautical
The classic spring trends always seem to be floral or nautical. I've never really been one for florals, or really any spring/summer trend. But i'm really feeling the anchors and stripes at the minute, and red is always a good colour. I have a feeling i'll get more excited for this one after my next trip to Disney, as we're staying at the nautical themed resort. Yay!


3|Nineties
A lot of great things happened in the 90's. It was all GIRL POWER and boybands, Rachel Green and Cher Wolowitz were fashion icons and we had awesome shows like Saved by the Bell, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and The Powerpuff Girls. Recently i've been seeing good old 90's fashions popping up, like the old tattoo choker necklace thingies. I absolutely loved them when I was younger. I definitely fell victim to the phase of never going anywhere without it. I for one, am totally OK with these things making a comeback! Now, who do I speak too about bringing back the Spice Girls, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch?


2|Holographic
The whole 'future holographic' trend was featured just after new year in the ASOS magazine, and I really loved quite a few of the items, and the styling. I picked up a really cute holo purse from Asos and was hoping to get the matching passport cover and card holder but the latter has sold out. :( Although while hunting for a nice pic to represent the holo trend, I stumbled across this amazing OPI nail polish that i'm about to go hunting for...


1|Mint Green
Mint green is my IT colour for the season. I've seen it in quite a few shops recently which means I can easily get my fix of this lovely colour, and it's pretty much perfect for the season. The best mint things I've bought so far are this gorgeous pair of patent ballet flats from New Look and adorable mint Mickey brooch from Poison of Choice.


So there we have it, my favourite spring/summer trends. I'd love to know what trends you are loving at the moment and what you like to wear through the sunnier seasons! Let me know!

Happy Easter!









Catch up with me;

No comments:

Post a Comment