Tuesday 17 March 2015

Poison of Choice Vintage Inspired Confetti Lucite Jewellery.

A few days ago a little parcel arrived on my doorstep that I was seriously excited for, so I thought it would be nice to share my love, and my goodies with you!

I'm a big fan of supporting small businesses, be it a little independent shop on the high street or handmade online store operating only on Etsy. I'm also a big fan of confetti lucite retro inspired jewellery and trinkets, so when I stumbled upon Poison of Choice, I wanted to buy pretty much everything. Narrowing own my choices did take quite a while, but I got there in the end.

Another thing I love about Etsy is the ability to contact sellers and request custom items or listings. So when these items had been sold before I placed my order, so I messaged the shop owner asking if I could have those items and a few hours later (time differences are a pain, right?) I had my own listing for everything I wanted. Yay! Let's have a look...


1| Mouse head brooch with black and silver starbursts. [$13/£8.84]
The first thing I chose was the Mickey inspired mouse head brooch. I hadn't seen one this colour in the shop, but had seen some other pieces so asked if I could have it like this and here it is! The colour is an exact match to what I was expecting and it's much more vibrant than I was able to catch on camera. I thought the retro style starburst glitters would be a nice touch, and black and silver felt like the best choice with the mint green. Overall, I love the effect of this one.


2| Silver heart with Horns brooch. [$20/£13.56]
I thought the way this Maleficent inspired brooch was set against a silver heart was both adorable and interesting. My camera didn't pick it up but the horns twinkle with purple glitter when the light hits them. I was quite surprised by how big this one is. It takes up most of my palm so is definitely a statement brooch. I have a purple jumper that this looks great with, so I can't wait to wear it. I actually watched Sleeping Beauty the other day for the first time in many years, but I still haven't seen the Maleficent movie yet. Having this arrive in my paws makes me want to see it even more.


3| Kiss the Girl brooch set. [$22/£14.92]
This The Little Mermaid inspired cameo silhouette set is made up of two, quite big brooches that can be worn together or separately. I love that this particular Ariel silhouette is the one from the Kiss the Girl scene, as my favourite Ariel outfit is the blue dress. (Next to the the diy rope dress of course...) Due to the size, i'll probably wear Ariel on her own the most, but it's nice to have the option to switch it up with Prince Eric.


4| Neverland mini brooch set. [$16/£10.85]
These adorable Wendy and Peter Pan inspired cameo silhouettes are much smaller than the Kiss the Girl set, which makes them perfect for adding a subtle pop of magic to an outfit, or wearing together. Slipping a little chain on to them would make them a great pair of collar clips or perfect to sit either side of a cardigan.


5| Mini Mermaid Brooch.
I don't know how much this was, as I actually didn't order this one. It was a gift for purchasing from the shop, and a really sweet one at that. I think the lilacy purple glitter will go lovely with the mint mouse head, to inject a little 'under the sea' Ariel vibe into an outfit.


Everything was handmade for me after I placed my order, and considering that lots of other custom listings were created around the same time I was prepared to wait quite a while for the brooches to arrive. From placing the order to them arriving, it was a little under three weeks. Average post times from the US to the UK can be any where from 7 to 14 days, so I was expecting it to take at least that long anyway! This time shipping took a speedy 4 days! I've no doubt in stock items will arrive with you pretty speedily.

So all in all, i'm really pleased with my items, the communication i've had with the friendly store owner and the time frame for everything to be made, sent and to make it across the pond. I've already got my eyes on a few more things, especially the beautiful bunny brooches and flamingo jewellery!

I hope this post has made you all want to have a peek at the Poison of Choice shop! Let me know if you decide to get any goodies! I'd love to see what you choose!

TTFN!









Catch up with me;
Bloglovin' / Twitter / Instagram

Disclaimer : I purchased the above items and all views are my own. All GBP values are estimates with google currency converter.

1 comment:

  1. I love the packaging these were sent in, gives it that little extra touch :)

    ReplyDelete