Sunday 16 November 2014

[Top Five] Disney Villain Songs.

It's three and a half weeks until I head to Paris, so now it's really time to crack on with the important stuff. Like making an awesome playlist! I picked up an awesome Transformers headphone splitter so I can share some tunes with my travel buddy on the plane. Our playlist wouldn't be complete without iconic Disney offerings like 'Hakuna Matata' and 'Under the Sea', but without a doubt some of the best Disney songs, come from the villains. Today's Top Five will count down to what I believe is the best, Disney Villain Song, ever!

Drumroll please...
Honourable Mentions;
Rasputin - In The Dark of the Night; Anastasia
It's not Disney, but it is freaking catchy as heck.
Dr. Facilier : Friends On The Other Side - The Princess and the Frog
I love this, but it doesn't have the same weight and oomph as the top five.

And so, we begin our countdown.

5 | Mother Gothel : Mother Knows Best - Rapunzel
Mother Gothel 'knows best'* how to make a really catchy villain song...    *couldn't resist...

4 | Ursula : Poor Unfortunate Souls - The Little Mermaid
Ursula's song for all those 'Poor Unfortunate Souls' sure has got some kick to it. Don't you think?

3 | Scar : Be Prepared - The Lion King
Be Prepared by Scar is probably the catchiest of them all, but it only ranks him at number 3 in terms of villainy.

2 | Lock Shock & Barrel : Kidnap The Sandy Claws - The Nightmare Before Christmas
<<source>>
These three may not be considered villains, but any song with the lyrics 'kidnap the Sandy Claws, chop him into bits', has to score pretty highly on the villainy scale, right?

1 | Frollo - Hellfire; The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Frollo's Hellfire is pretty damn sinister, compared to other villain offerings. It may not be the catchiest, but in terms of Frollo's words, it's quite evil...

There we have it, my Top 5 villain songs. Do you agree? Let me know how your top five would sound! Maybe I should do a top 5 Disney songs next... I don't think I could narrow it down!

Maybe a Top 10....

See you next time!









Catch up with me;

No comments:

Post a Comment