Thursday 11 September 2014

[Review] Las Iguanas Vegetarian Menu

I am really excited about today's post.

I saw GemsMaquillage mention on her Twitter, that she thought more restaurants should take a leaf out of Las Iguanas' book, and a link to their menu. So out of curiousity, I gave it a click and it felt a little like stumbling into the Cave of Wonders.

Las Iguanas is a latin restaurant with 36 branches up and down the UK, and what makes them stand out is the amazing menu on offer. One in particular snagged my interest, and here it is in all its glory.

An entire Veggie & Vegan menu, to compliment their regular menu. The flip side is a gluten free menu, which is equally as cool as I have a few gluten free buddies. Have you ever tried to do to veggie and gluten free at the same time? It's not always easy. So of course, when lunch time on my next shopping spree with a friend rolled around I pretty much demanded we go to Las Iguanas.

We chose some tropical coolers to drink and sat outside overlooking a courtyard area, while we browsed the menu. This is the first time i've been to a restaurant that wasn't Yo!Sushi where I actually had more than three items on the menu to chose from, so I spent quite a while mulling it over.

For mains, I opted for 'The Full Enchilada'. Roasted butternut squash, roasted red pepper and spinach wrapped in a cheese topped tortilla. On spring onion & garlic rice with smokey chilli and tomato sauce. This was really nice and filling. The chilli had quite a kick to it, normally I can't handle spices at all but the veggies, the tortilla and the cheeses balance that out and I managed.

We also decided to share some Sweet Potato Fries that came with aioli dip. I'd never had aioli as far as I can tell, and it complimented the flavour of the sweet potato fries just perfectly. I think my next visit I might just order five portions of these fries. Maybe three more portions to bring home. They are just that yummy.

I also decided to grab an extra little portion of Guacamole because I love it and thought it would be really nice. I think it was about 70p, and it was so much nicer than the shop bought stuff i'm used to.

For dessert, we opted to share Churros. I had the 'dulce de leche' dip and my friend had the chocolate ganache. There was plenty of cinnamon sugar and I was really pleasantly surprised at how yummy these were. They reminded me of a warm doughnut, slightly crunchy, and sooo much better. It wasn't until I got home that I realised I hadn't gotten a good picture. Which is such a shame because the way it was served was super adorable. So I stole this picture from my friends instagram.  How cute is the candy striped bag?

You can check out the locations and menus here. I think next time I might try the mushroom fajitas.

What's your favourite restaurant?








Catch up with me;

No comments:

Post a Comment