Saturday 20 September 2014

Karen Millen x #LFW : September Glossybox

The September Glossybox arrived during the week! This month's box has been designed Karen Millen and is a celebration of London Fashion Week. I love this box design, featuring a watercolour London skyline. It's just wow. In terms of box design, Glossybox have taken the win this month with this absolute stunner.

It's so pretty, I almost didn't want to open it at all. Just admire it. I'm definitely going to keep this one somewhere it can be seen. Maybe filled with trinkets or ticket stubs on my dressing table? This is the second of the new type of Glossybox, and they're very well structured, so should last longer.

Let's check out whats inside.

ModelCo More Brows Fibre Gel (£9)
I've recently started paying more attention to my brows, I currently use Charlotte Tilbury because its soft and doesn't settle in to my scar. I'm not too sure how this will suit me, and I was sent the shade Light to Medium which may be a tad dark as I have been using a really pale blonde product. Either way, i'm excited to give this a go and see how it works for me. It's a bit purse friendlier than what I use currently, it's nice to have a back up option.

Nivea 3in1 Micellar Cleansing Water (£4.07)
I've never used a Micellar water for taking of my make up, so I am quite interested to try this. It may not have the oooooh factor, but it's a product that doesn't particularly bother me to have in my box. I'll give it a go. I like that this is flagged up for sensitive skin, I'm pretty sure I have used Nivea sensitive skin products before, but I can't remember if they were suited to my skin or not. I have a horrible feeling that it wasn't...

Nails Inc Westminster Bridge Matte Top Coat (£12)
I like Nails Inc polishes, I think they're really good quality and have quite a little collection brewing. I also love Matte things, be it lips, eyes or nails. So this made me a happy bunny. (Thanks Glossybox!)

L'Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil (£15.95)
Every box this month contained either the Mythic Oil or Mythic Masque. I got the oil. Again with the oils! I'm getting them from everywhere at the moment, so i'm guessing I definitely managed to somehow miss the memo that oils are an IT item these days. I thought this was full size at first, as it's a whopping 45ml. A full size is 125ml, so it's the sample is about a third the size of the full size product. If it promises to tame frizz, I get the feeling my mum will be nabbing this from me.

SkinPep Enzyme and Acid Peel Dark Circle Eraser - (£14.47)
I got three sachets of SkinPep products bundled together. The first was two sachets of Brightening Enzyme and Acid Peel. Each sachet contains 3.5ml and can be bought on their own for £3.99. A big tube of 180ml retails for £89.99! Although there are two smaller and more purse friendly options. Next up was the Dark Circle Eraser priced at £6.49 for a 2ml sachet. A full size of 15ml is £44.99. Both of these product sachets are available to buy both in the '7 Day Trial' section, and on the product page itself. I'm most interested in trying the dark circle eraser, as I have serious troubles with those pesky purple patches under my eyes.  I get a feeling my bank may cry if I consider buying these...

Spoiler alert for October, Andy Warhol Pop-Art Box! I love anything pop-art inspired so I can not wait for this. Looks like Glossybox will be taking the title for prettiest box next month too!

What did you get in this months box?








Catch up with me;
Giveaway / Bloglovin' / Twitter / Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment